Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jan Hornbøll Hansen <jh...@code3.dk> on 2007/05/25 11:02:05 UTC

Struts2 non-redirect

I am working on customer search function for my first struts2 webapp.
My search page has a few option selection fields.
In struts 1.x I would normally create a prepareCustomerSearchAction
responsible for populating lists of options for selection fields and a
searchCustomerAction that retrieved customer entries that matched search
criteria.
searchCustomerAction would forward to prepareSearchCustomerAction which
would forward to JSP which rendered form on top with previous search
critiria and results below.
How would i go about doing the same in struts2?
result type="chain" or something else?
Is this solution even sensible? If this was a different action that
stored data, this would create double-submit-on-refresh problem and url
points to an action it makes no sense to bookmark.
It would seem "data from previous action" and result
type="redirect-action" are mutually exclusive, is that cirrect?

Regards
Jan Hansen