Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by James Liang <jl...@andera.com> on 2013/12/08 20:11:12 UTC

Debug PostProcessor output interfere with Regular Expression Extractor

Hi,

I've setup a Regular Expression Extractor to handle Main sample and sub-samples.  This is necessary to handle any redirects.  I also added a Debug Postprocessor to help troubleshoot.  Because the Debug PostProcessor automatically becomes a sub-sample of a samplers, the Regular Expression Extractor automatically included the Debug PostProcessor output in the extraction!  In this setup, the Regular Expression Extractor includes both the normal response from the web server and debug info!

This bug has caused me more than a day to track down.

Couple of suggestions:

1)      Since the Debug PostProcessor is a special processor for debugging only, its output should not have been included in the Regular Expression Extractor.

2)      It would be very helpful if the document on the Debug PostProcessor has a warning on this serious side effect.

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Debug_PostProcessor

Thanks,
James Liang

Re: Debug PostProcessor output interfere with Regular Expression Extractor

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Why are you using the PostProcessor?

I would have thought the Debug Sampler would have been more suitable,
and that can be added after the sampler to which the Regex is
attached. This guarantees it is after the Regex PP runs.

As already suggested, ensuring the Debug PP is last should also help -
in fact, without doing that, surely it won't show the result of of the
Regex PP?

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--