Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by "Chen, Alice (Trafodion)" <al...@hp.com> on 2015/05/28 02:13:55 UTC

We need Confluence Wiki

Hello,

We decided we need a Confluence wiki.  How do we request a Confluence Wiki?  Do I just need to add a subtask to our current JIRA @ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9697

Cheers,
Alice

RE: We need Confluence Wiki

Posted by "Moran, Amanda" <am...@hp.com>.
Hi there All-

I was able to sign up for the wiki... and now I can see the Trafodion site.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TRAFODION/Apache+Trafodion+Home

Amanda Kay
Moran

Posted by "Brown, Matt (Trafodion)" <ma...@hp.com>.
Roman,

The DCS and WMS components of Trafodion use Maven site plugin, with asciidoc source files, to generate a "docs" directory containing .html, javadocs, etc. That gets plugged into existing Trafodion website as a link to the "docs" directory. Trafodion CORE is wholly edited in the existing website.

Thanks,

Matt

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Shall we ask for pubsub to be set up for T8 then? Once setup, you could
publish a simple page first while you mess with maven site. My guess is
that it wil will take a while to get it all right (maven is like that). You
could be publishing as you go.

Let me know and I'll ask INFRA.

Thanks,
St.Ack

RE: We need Confluence Wiki

RE: We need Confluence Wiki

Posted by "Chen, Alice (Trafodion)" <al...@hp.com>.

RE: We need Confluence Wiki

RE: We need Confluence Wiki

Posted by "Brown, Matt (Trafodion)" <ma...@hp.com>.
Hi Alice,

This link https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-site-plugin/ is great but easy to get lost in the forest of information. A quick example; If you look at the old HBase 0.94 source tree you'll see something like the picture below. For that release docbooks is used  and you can see all of the HBase reference guide source files in “docbkx”. Further down the tree in the “resources” directory is the container for all the additional files to build the Apache website for HBase. With the help of the site plugin and other plugins, specified in the pom.xml, the “mvn site” command produces a “docs” directory that contains the reference guide .html files, reports, website, etc. A maven plugin does the conversion of the docbkx source files to .html. That directory can then be pushed anywhere. The content produced by the site step is really a function of the plugins you specify in the pom.xml and the content you provide. An advantage is that anyone can add content by modifying the source files, the changes are part of the review process. Moreover there’s no divergence of information between downloaded .tar and the website.

Hope this helps.

-Matt

[cid:image001.jpg@01D09D64.0DFDC650]

RE: We need Confluence Wiki