Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Lydia Blum <ku...@web.de> on 2001/10/18 09:43:52 UTC

single sign-on

Hello,

I am new to SSO and had a few questions and it may be that somewhere solved a similiar problem.

I would like to use LDAP to authentificate a user to login to the portal. I would like to use formbased authentification and sessions. Then I would like to add a portlet where the user get access to webmail.

If a user have a different username and password as for login to the portal itself where are this username and password stored (in LDAP too?) and how to get this different username and password? Is there a automatically mechanism or have I implement a algorithmen for comparing the username and password from login with username for webmail?

For any kind of help I am thankful.

Heike