Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2008/10/17 11:45:10 UTC

Ant build problems

I some of our modules, e.g. samples/osgi-supplychain, we have an ant build
file build-bundles.xml. It creates some bundle jars based on file identified
in the pom.xml file. At the moment when I try and build from the top level
this ant script fails;

[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA OSGi Supply Chain Sample
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] [resources:resources]
[INFO] [compiler:compile]
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO] [antrun:run {execution: create-bundles}]
[INFO] Executing tasks

create-bundles:
     [echo] target/classes
     [echo] target/classes
     [echo] Customer.jar
     [echo] osgi/Customer.mf
     [echo] supplychain/customer/Customer.class \
                      supplychain/OSGiBundleImpl.class \
                             supplychain/customer/OSGiCustomerImpl.class
      [jar] Building jar:
C:\simon\tuscany\java-1.3.3\samples\osgi-supplychain\t
arget\classes\Customer.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred while
exe
cuting this line:
C:\simon\tuscany\java-1.3.3\samples\osgi-supplychain\build-bundles.xml:30: A
zip
 file cannot include itself

When I compile the module direcly this doesn't happen. I've no idea what
I've changed locally that's causing this interesting effect. Anyone else
seeing it?

Simon

Re: Ant build problems

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I some of our modules, e.g. samples/osgi-supplychain, we have an ant build
> file build-bundles.xml. It creates some bundle jars based on file identified
> in the pom.xml file. At the moment when I try and build from the top level
> this ant script fails;
>
> [INFO]
> ---
> [INFO] Building Apache Tuscany SCA OSGi Supply Chain Sample
> [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
> [INFO]
> ---
> [INFO] [resources:resources]
> [INFO] Using default encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] [compiler:compile]
> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
> [INFO] [antrun:run {execution: create-bundles}]
> [INFO] Executing tasks
>
> create-bundles:
>      [echo] target/classes
>      [echo] target/classes
>      [echo] Customer.jar
>      [echo] osgi/Customer.mf
>      [echo] supplychain/customer/Customer.class \
>                       supplychain/OSGiBundleImpl.class \
>                              supplychain/customer/OSGiCustomerImpl.class
>       [jar] Building jar:
> C:\simon\tuscany\java-1.3.3\samples\osgi-supplychain\t
> arget\classes\Customer.jar
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO]
> [INFO] An Ant BuildException has occured: The following error occurred
> while exe
> cuting this line:
> C:\simon\tuscany\java-1.3.3\samples\osgi-supplychain\build-bundles.xml:30:
> A zip
>  file cannot include itself
>

> When I compile the module direcly this doesn't happen. I've no idea what
> I've changed locally that's causing this interesting effect. Anyone else
> seeing it?
>
> Simon

This seems to be caused by the maven ant plugin pulling in a different
version of ant all of a sudden. It has been pulling in ant:ant-1.6.5 but
fails for me with any 1.7 version. No idea why it's started doing this so am
going to have to put a pluginManagement stanza in the sca pom to stop it.
Just testing the effect of this now.

Simon