Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Gil Vernik <Gi...@dbnet.co.il> on 2003/08/11 17:22:09 UTC

passing parameters

I have a velocity template which prints records on the screen and this template has also has a drop-down box  ( I wrote a class which has a method //protected void buildNormalContext(VelocityPortlet portlet,Context context,RunData rundata) //, this method connect via axis to the webservice which returns two arrays : one with records for the drop-down box and the other array with values for the data displayed in the screen.
My question is : when I choose a value from drop-down box, I want to pass it’s value so the screen will update with records according to the value from drop-down box. My webservice has a function that can receive value and return array with records according this value. I use this function inside buildNormalContext with default value, but when I choose a value from drop-down box I want this function to receive what I choosed and to update the screen.
I know there is “onchange” method of the drop-down box , but I have no idea how to pass parameters and what function to call to redraw the screen with new records.
It’s written a little about it inside the jetspeed-tutorial, but it didn’t helped me.
Thanking you in advance,
Gil.