Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Kostas Tzoumas <kt...@apache.org> on 2016/11/18 15:28:13 UTC

Flink survey by data Artisans

Hi everyone!

The Apache Flink community has evolved quickly over the past 2+ years, and
there are now many production Flink deployments in organizations of all
sizes.  This is both exciting and humbling :-)

data Artisans is running a brief survey to understand Apache Flink usage
and the needs of the community. We are hoping that this survey will help
identify common usage patterns, as well as pinpoint what are the most
needed features for Flink.

We'll share a report with a summary of findings at the conclusion of the
survey with the community. All of the responses will remain confidential,
and only aggregate statistics will be shared.

I expect the survey to take 5-10 minutes, and all questions are
optional--we appreciate any feedback that you're willing to provide.

As a thank you, respondents will be entered in a drawing to win one of 10
tickets to Flink Forward 2017 (your choice of Berlin or the first-ever San
Francisco edition).

The survey is available here: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/
3166399/181bdb611f22

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Best,
Kostas

Re: Flink survey by data Artisans

Posted by Mike Winters <mi...@data-artisans.com>.
Hello, one last note on this thread: we've processed and published the
Flink user survey results, and you can find a file with graphs summarizing
multiple-choice responses as well as anonymous feedback from open-ended
questions in a GitHub repository [1]. We also published a summary of

Thanks again to all who participated. We hope that the data is helpful for
the community.

Best,
Mike

[1] https://github.com/dataArtisans/flink-user-survey-2016
[2] http://data-artisans.com/flink-user-survey-2016-part-1/

--

Data Artisans GmbH | Stresemannstraße 121A | 10963 Berlin

mobile: +4917677386299

Registered at Amtsgericht Charlottenburg - HRB 158244 B
Managing Directors: Kostas Tzoumas, Stephan Ewen

Re: Flink survey by data Artisans

Posted by Mike Winters <mi...@data-artisans.com>.

Posted by Mike Winters <mw...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,