Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Kevin <ke...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/21 19:26:23 UTC

HBase client machine with multiple interfaces

Hi,

I have connected a client machine with two network interfaces to an
internal, isolated HBase cluster and an external network. The HBase cluster
is on its own private LAN, away from the external network. After installing
and updating the Hadoop and HBase configuration files on the client
machine, I can run the HBase shell and look at tables, but
TableInputFormatBase can't find any servers using its DNS checks. The
machine is on the DNS for the external network so, from my understanding,
the HBase client API will use this DNS to try and find the HBase cluster. I
know there are master and regionserver DNS interface configurations, but
are there anything for client libraries? My use case is running Pig scripts
from the client machine. Oddly enough, sometimes a Pig script works, other
times (most times) I get the NullPointerException from the
org.apache.hadoop.net.DNS.reverseDns call.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: HBase client machine with multiple interfaces

Posted by Kevin <ke...@gmail.com>.
All machines use ipv4

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Do you use ipv6 ?