Posted to commits@openoffice.apache.org by co...@apache.org on 2012/03/01 08:08:00 UTC

[CONF] Apache OpenOffice Community > AOO 3.4 QE Weekly Status Report As of 20120215 - 20120222

Space: Apache OpenOffice Community (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS)
Page: AOO 3.4 QE Weekly Status Report As of 20120215 - 20120222 (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+QE+Weekly+Status+Report+As+of+20120215+-+20120222)

Added by xia zhao:
*AOO 3.4 Overall QA Status:*
Based on the test plan:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Release-QA-Plan
55% IP clearance testing have been done.  These are the tests of areas most impacted by removed/replaced modules due to IP clearance.
70% general testing have been done.  These are general functional tests.

*AOO 3.4 QA Weekly Status Report as of 2012/2/22 (2012/2/15 - 2012/2/22):*
Test build: dev snapshot builds: Rev. 1240836,1240872,1243392
Test Platforms: Windows XP SP3, Mac 10.6.8, Ubuntu 10.04, Redhat 6.1
Test Cases Executed:
*6 modules of IP clearance
*ooo_crystal_images-1.tar.gz
*ooo_oxygen_images-2009-06-17
*3rd party/external library javamail
*3rd party/external library gdk-pixbuf
*libneon removement testing
*berkeleydb
*5 function areas of General testing:
*Installer (Clean/Upgrade)
*Security
*Toolbar
*Chart (still 60% left)
*Writer Envelope

*Defects Summary:*
So far 282 defects raised against 3.4beta, AOO dev and 3.4m0
Among them, 44 critical defects raised and 23 ones remain opening now.
21 defects raised in this week,and 4 defects closed.

So far based on my observation and my testing, no much special platform problems. Though some bugs are makred with specifical platform but I need double check if it is due to reporter only has that platform build or it did only reproduced on given platform. Currently most bugs about core functions, undo/redo is one weak area, also the stability is one potential problem. Next week we plan do more interoperability testing and more stability general testing, suppose more defects may be raised.

*Risk:*
The high risk for AOO 3.4 is during the migration from OO to AOO, many test cases lost and no one large automation suite can be used for regression testing now. So I did appreciate everyone's contribution to QA works.

If you have interesting in QA work and decide to contribute to it, please go to AOO 3.4 main page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA.
Get dev build from: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+3.4+Unofficial+Developer+Snapshots
Write your case by edit this page: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestCases/
And place your result: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestResults

Or you may just do general testing based on your usage without test cases or testing result and just raise defects in Bugzilla directly: https://issues.apache.org/ooo/

Any contribution is welcome and can contribute to this project's success!

Change your notification preferences: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/users/viewnotifications.action