Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sushil Prusty <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/31 19:23:15 UTC

Unable to start apache tomcat server

Hi all

I am using tomcat 7.0.42 and deployed in  CentOs .
When i start the server i am geting below log in my console .....

Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performance in production environments was not found on the
java.library.path:
/xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/amd64/server:/xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/amd64:/xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
INFO: Initialization processed in 730 ms
Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService
startInternal
INFO: Starting service Catalina
Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine
startInternal
INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.42
Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
INFO: Server startup in 370 ms

BUT WHEN I AM OPEING THE BROWSER i am geting Unable to connect.
I am not sure my server is started or not ?
Any body have idea what could be the problem ?

Re: Unable to start apache tomcat server

Posted by "Burghard W.V. Britzke" <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.
did you configure a https connector? if not use http instead of https.

Posted by Sushil Prusty <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brit/Marc

Thanks for your time . Problem got resolved using below url.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8520267/localhost8080-gives-404-the-requested-resource-is-not-available

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Burghard W.V. Britzke <

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
In other words ...this was an eclipse plugin misconfiguration?

If so does eclipse have a support site for plugin misconfiguration(s)?

Martin Gainty

Posted by Sushil Prusty <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brit/Marc

Posted by "Burghard W.V. Britzke" <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.

Posted by "Burghard W.V. Britzke" <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.

Posted by Sushil Prusty <su...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Posted by Sushil Prusty <su...@gmail.com>.
HI

Posted by "Burghard W.V. Britzke" <bu...@charmides.in-berlin.de>.

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On 8/31/2013 10:23 AM, Sushil Prusty wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am using tomcat 7.0.42 and deployed in  CentOs .
> When i start the server i am geting below log in my console .....
>

> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
> INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
> performance in production environments was not found on the
> java.library.path:
> /xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/amd64/server:/xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/lib/amd64:/xtd/ser/installation/jdk1.7.0_25/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_45/jre/../lib/amd64:/usr/java/packages/lib/amd64:/usr/lib64:/lib64:/lib:/usr/lib
> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
> INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina load
> INFO: Initialization processed in 730 ms
> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService
> startInternal
> INFO: Starting service Catalina
> Aug 31, 2013 10:37:59 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine
> startInternal
> INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/7.0.42
> Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
> INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
> Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol start
> INFO: Starting ProtocolHandler ["ajp-bio-8009"]
> Aug 31, 2013 10:38:00 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start
> INFO: Server startup in 370 ms
>
> BUT WHEN I AM OPEING THE BROWSER i am geting Unable to connect.
> I am not sure my server is started or not ?
> Any body have idea what could be the problem ?

1. It's running
2. Connect on the same host as http://localhost:8080/

If you're trying to access Tomcat remotely, make sure you have port 8080
open on your firewall. Ask about that on a CentOS mailing list.

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/