Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/07/25 20:48:55 UTC

Need input: Location of Livy Documentation

Hey Team

Jerry and I have been discussing (on my recent PR) where we should keep the
Livy Documentation files as we move them out of the README. My PR
originally moved the two Doc files (on the REST and Programmatic APIs) into
the livy website repos so we can display them via the website. Jerry
proposed that we keep them in the main livy repo like how Spark does it.
Personally given we have just two files I think leaving them in the website
repo is simplier for us, but I also understand that as the Documentation
grows and changes from version to version it would be better to store it in
the more regularly updated repo.

What are everyone's opinions on where the Docs should be stored? If we
decide to store them in the main repo does anyone have pointers on how to
simply and cleanly sync them to the website for viewing. You can see my
Documenation and README update PRs here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy/pull/21
https://github.com/apache/incubator-livy-website/pull/5

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

Re: Need input: Location of Livy Documentation

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Jerry that we should put doc with the codebase repo so that
when we add new futures, we could update docs at the the same time,
otherwise we may make the code and docs in an inconsistent state. According
my experience in apache community, many apache project use this approach.

Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>于2017年7月26日周三 下午1:53写道:

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.