Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Claudio Masini <cl...@quix.it> on 2004/05/27 14:34:12 UTC

DBCP: how to reset pool if I change user/password credential in the database?

I'm using DBCP to connect to DB2 on S/390.
For security reason each user must connect to DB with his own user/password
so I use ds.getConnection(user, password) method to get a connection.

The DB2 uses RACF for password management and it's configured to expire
password after 30days.

If user try to connect with new password the pool throw an Exception because
the password used to connect is different from the original one used to
create his entry in the pool.

Questions:
- is there a way to reset user?
- is there a timeout after that a user/password entry are removed from the
pool and so resetted?

Thanks for any help

Claudio

----------------------------------
Ing. Claudio Masini

Quix S.r.l.
Strada Statale Romana 413 n. 160
(Nazionale per Carpi)
41019 Appalto di Soliera (MO)
tel 059.565388
fax 059.565322
http://www.quix.it
email: claudio.masini@quix.it

Re: DBCP: how to reset pool if I change user/password credential in the database?

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
You are probably using a PerUserPoolDataSource.

If so then you asking for the same enhancement as Srinath:
http://www.mail-archive.com/commons-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg07051.html

Same answer: not possible yet.

But the enhancement isn't that hard.
My first idea is to make a "public void close(String name)" method on
PerUserPoolDataSource.

Patch / testcases are welcome ;-)

-- Dirk