Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthew Huggett <mh...@telusplanet.net> on 2002/05/01 05:19:42 UTC

fonts

Hi:

I'm trying to create a few font metrics files.

Here's the command I'm using:
          C:\Program Files\FOP\fop-0.20.3>java
org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname "HGRM"
C:\Windows\Fonts\HGRM.TTC hgrm.xml

And this is the error message I get:

org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader

I don't know s**t about Java programming but I guess this means that my
command wasn't good or I'm missing something.  How do I fix this?

Thanks

Matthew

Re: fonts

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
This means the Java VM can't load the class in the error message. The
clue is to supply the necessary jar files in the classpath. This
involves the -cp parameter. I suggest that if you plan to use Java in
the future that you at least read about some basics on launching the
Java VM. The documentation about the TTFReader is not 100% correct,
because the -cp parameter has been left out. For a Java programmer this
becomes clear in a second. :-) Just use the same -cp parameter as shown
above on that particular page for the Type 1 fonts. You may have to
adjust the filenames because the jars often have version numbers in
their name and the documentation is not updated every time. I hope this
helps.

> I'm trying to create a few font metrics files.
>
> Here's the command I'm using:
>           C:\Program Files\FOP\fop-0.20.3>java
> org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -ttcname "HGRM"
> C:\Windows\Fonts\HGRM.TTC hgrm.xml
>
> And this is the error message I get:

> org/apache/fop/fonts/apps/TTFReader
>
> I don't know s**t about Java programming but I guess this means that my
> command wasn't good or I'm missing something.  How do I fix this?

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Tel. +41 41 317 2020 - Fax +41 41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch