Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Vijju Reddy <vj...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/03 14:02:40 UTC

persistant data structures storage

hello,

I am M Vijender Reddy from Indian Institute of
Science(IISc),Bangalore. Under the guidance of my professor,Mr Y N
Srikant i am working on the hdfs file system. I want to know whether there is a option in hdfs to store the persistant data structures like a very big tree and make the other nodes to access that data structure.i also want to know the metadata format stored by a NameNode for each file. Can you tell me how to know the internal details of hdfs in a keen way.

thank you,
vijender reddy