Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/02 23:13:02 UTC

How to configure the testing data dir for maven

We are experiencing an issue that the MiniHBase cluster is creating temp
directories/data under the same directory as the tests are run:

Upon doing some research it appears there is a system property to control
that temp dir:

   test.build.data.basedirectory

Also there is in the doc a command to set it:

  <command>mvn test -P runAllTests -Dsurefire.secondPartThreadCount=12 -
 Dtest.build.data.basedirectory=/ram2G</command>

However, we find that does NOT work unless the following additional maven
parameter is set:

   -DforkMode=never

But that flag causes other testing issues and we would not be able to go
that route.

How then can we redirect that testing data directory without setting the
System property?

Re: How to configure the testing data dir for maven

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted,
       the standalone demo was partially implemented - then I was diverted
to another task (long term) so I may not be able to complete this.  Thanks
for the followup.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Stephen:

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.