Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Bhupendra Singh <bh...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/12 07:16:23 UTC

[Flink on bigtop project ]- deploying bigtop on openstack instance

Hi,

I am trying to deploy the bigtop with Flink component on an open-stack
instance but it results gives the below mentioned error. While executing
the command in separate terminal results in listing the package
successfully.

hadoop-bigtop1: Error: Could not update: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0
-y list flink' returned 1: Error: No matching Packages to list

==> hadoop-bigtop1: Error:
/Stage[main]/Flink::Common/Package[flink]/ensure: change from absent to
latest failed: Could not update: Execution of '/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y list
flink' returned 1: Error: No matching Packages to list

Whereas if I deploy using the virtual-box as a provider everything works
fine with local repo enabled true. Are there any other changes needed to
sync the local repo with open-stack instance.

Thanks
Bhupendra Singh

Re: [Flink on bigtop project ]- deploying bigtop on openstack instance

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.
Should be identical.
Where is your yum repo?
Can you ping the server hosting it from your open stack box ?