Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2021/07/23 13:40:57 UTC

Tagging next release

Hi all,

Partly due to the couple of regressions that have emerged this month,
I'd like to aim to get the next set of releases out closer to the start
of August than the middle.

With that in mind I'll be starting release prep shortly with a view to
tagging around the middle of next week and starting the release vote
towards the end of next week.

Mark

Re: Tagging next release

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> Mark,
>
> On 7/23/21 09:40, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Partly due to the couple of regressions that have emerged this month,
>> I'd like to aim to get the next set of releases out closer to the
>> start of August than the middle.
>>
>> With that in mind I'll be starting release prep shortly with a view to
>> tagging around the middle of next week and starting the release vote
>> towards the end of next week.
>
> The 8.5.x branch looks like it's got fewer big fixes than 10.x and 9.x,
> but I'll be available to tag+vote 8.5.x as early this weekend. Any
> reason to delay to the end of next week for the vote, rather than
> starting at the beginning of the month (e.g. Monday)?

I'm planning on tagging later this week.

BZ 65460 is a regression that could cause issues for users making use of
HTTP/2.

Mark

Re: Tagging next release

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mark,

On 7/23/21 09:40, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Partly due to the couple of regressions that have emerged this month,
> I'd like to aim to get the next set of releases out closer to the start
> of August than the middle.
>
> With that in mind I'll be starting release prep shortly with a view to
> tagging around the middle of next week and starting the release vote
> towards the end of next week.

The 8.5.x branch looks like it's got fewer big fixes than 10.x and 9.x,
but I'll be available to tag+vote 8.5.x as early this weekend. Any
reason to delay to the end of next week for the vote, rather than
starting at the beginning of the month (e.g. Monday)?

-chris

Re: Tagging next release

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 3:41 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Partly due to the couple of regressions that have emerged this month,
> I'd like to aim to get the next set of releases out closer to the start
> of August than the middle.
>
> With that in mind I'll be starting release prep shortly with a view to
> tagging around the middle of next week and starting the release vote
> towards the end of next week.

No problem ! I'm mostly away right now, but I planned ahead and have
the necessary things on hand to do a new build.

Rémy