Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/04 22:03:17 UTC

Ripple reports

Hi,

i just added the ripple report for december (its the same as november).

We were to late in november. however the report template generator
didn't include us in generation.

can this be fixed for the next time or do we simply roll back to report
in 2 months (no problem with that)

Cheers

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Ripple reports

Posted by Gord Tanner <gt...@gmail.com>.
thanks!

Re: Ripple reports

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 5 Dec 2013, at 6:41, David Crossley wrote:

> Marvin Humphrey wrote:
>> Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com> wrote:

>> OK, I see what happened.  Ripple received reminders on ripple-dev on
>> November
>> 22 and November 28 insisting that Ripple needed to file a
>> December2013 report.
>> This happened because at the time, Ripple still had the "monthly" tag
>> in
>> podlings.xml.
>>
>> Part of the Chair's workflow is to remove expired "monthly"
>> attributes from
>> podlings.xml.  I didn't get to that until shortly after the November
>> 28
>> reminders were sent out.
>
> In all of the documentation and tools, i have been trying to
> encourage the podlings to look after their own metadata.
> Sure, we do seem to need a backstop, but please can we continue
> to encourage them to look after their own stuff.

Well it happens that a mentor (in this case me) did mess up something
too.
I take it on my own back that i have not educated Ripple to deal with
podling.xmls
or not worked with the data myself.

Anyway, thanks Marvin for helping me identify the issue.

Cheers

> -David
>

>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/public/trunk/content/podlings.xml?r1=1545305&r2=1546281
>>
>> Probably the best way to prevent this from happening in the future is
>> to move
>> this Chair task (along with a few others like creating the wiki
>> template) to
>> just after filing the last report.  I can do that by rejiggering the
>> blocks in
>> report_runbook.py.
>>
>> Marvin Humphrey

---
http://www.grobmeier.de
@grobmeier
GPG: 0xA5CC90DB

Re: Ripple reports

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: Ripple reports

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.

Re: Ripple reports

Posted by Marvin Humphrey <ma...@rectangular.com>.
On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM, Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> i just added the ripple report for december (its the same as november).
>
> We were to late in november. however the report template generator didn't
> include us in generation.

Ripple is in reporting group 1: January, April, July, October.  Ripple did not
file its October report on time, but made up for it one month later, filing on
November 6 (Wednesday 2 weeks before the Board meeting).

    http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2013?action=diff&rev1=37&rev2=38

So we're all set for this quarter.  There should not be a need to repeat that
same Ripple content from November in our December report.

> can this be fixed for the next time or do we simply roll back to report in 2
> months (no problem with that)

It looks to me like the Ripple content should be removed from the December
report, and the podling should expect to file a new report in January.

Marvin Humphrey