Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by "trevor paterson (RI)" <tr...@bbsrc.ac.uk> on 2006/10/10 17:48:47 UTC

closing connections

we are developing a webapp on netbeans/tomcat and using ibatis to
connect to a remote postgres database

during development we are deploying the web app through netbeans - and
when we stop the webapp we seem to leave dangling connections which then
accumaulate in the database server..causing us problems.

is their some way to grab Ibatis's connection pool and close all the
connections prior to us stoping the webapp?

ta

trevor

Trevor Paterson

Bioinformatics
Roslin Institute
Scotland EH25 9PS
phone  +44 (0) 131 5274477
http://www.roslin.ac.uk/
http://www.comparagrid.org/

The information contained in this e-mail (including any attachments) is
confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.   The
opinions expressed within this e-mail (including any attachments) are
the opinions of the sender and do not necessarily constitute those of
Roslin Institute (Edinburgh) ("the Institute") unless specifically
stated by a sender who is duly authorised to do so on behalf of the
Institute.

RE: closing connections

Posted by "trevor paterson (RI)" <tr...@bbsrc.ac.uk>.
cheers

restarting tomcat seems to be the easiest fix to releasing the
connections to the database

(or going in and kkilling them manually)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, trevor paterson (RI) wrote:

> we are developing a webapp on netbeans/tomcat and using ibatis to
> connect to a remote postgres database
>
> during development we are deploying the web app through netbeans - and

> when we stop the webapp we seem to leave dangling connections which
> then accumaulate in the database server..causing us problems.
>
> is their some way to grab Ibatis's connection pool and close all the
> connections prior to us stoping the webapp?

This thread might help:

http://marc2.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113078045432700&w=2

--
Graeme -