Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thom Burnett <th...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 18:56:46 UTC

Security and information passing

What are the options within Struts (version 1)  for passing information from
one request to the next on a multi-page struts application?

I can pass some information as request parameters and hidden inputs on forms
but that's not acceptable for credit card numbers, passwords, etc.
What are the other options and how do they work?

How, if at all, do people manage a single sign on to pages when a user needs
to sign in.
If there are some URLs with discussion on the topics, let me know.

RE: Re: Security and information passing

Posted by Bruno Melloni <Br...@wnco.com>.
Also, if you are dealing with credit card numbers, make sure you study
up on PCI regulations.  There are specific rules about how much of the
number you may keep short-term and long-term, what strength of
encryption is required, etc.  And pretty severe penalties for your
company if you fail to follow the rules.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.