Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Felipe Kamakura <fe...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/18 15:30:37 UTC

maven-jar-plugin very slow when adding entry

Hello all,

I'm having a very annoying issue here, and I did't figured out what it is
causing it yet.
In two of my project's modules (one is a JAR and the other is a EJB) the
maven-jar-plugin takes too damn long to add some entries to the final Jar.
In one module it gets stuck when adding a .class, and in the other when
adding a .xml.

I tried to delete these files, but then the plugin stuck on other two files.
It takes about 2 minutes to finish!

I'm using just the following configuration.
 <plugin>
        <configuration>
          <archive>
            <manifest>
              <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
              <classpathPrefix>../</classpathPrefix>

<addDefaultSpecificationEntries>true</addDefaultSpecificationEntries>

<addDefaultImplementationEntries>true</addDefaultImplementationEntries>
            </manifest>
            <addMavenDescriptor>false</addMavenDescriptor>
            <index>true</index>
          </archive>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>

When tweaking the configuration I figured out that the
<addClasspath>true</addClasspath> is causing it. When I set it to false, It
goes quickly and smoothly.

Any ideias??