Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/23 16:00:00 UTC

Call for marking phoenix jiras for 4.14.3 release

Hello all,

As per the discussion on dev list email thread subjected "4.15.0 and 5.1.0
releases", Lars made a point that we need to have 4.14.3 release for
indexing changes.

I would like to get the ball rolling for releasing Phoenix-4.14.3. After
4.14.2 release, I have identified a few bug fixes that went into 4.x
branches but not in 4.14. Please find the list here
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-SRXUgJA6UT6n02Hr6Kd3wmOoFyZnHL5g6kmehpk6lc/edit?usp=sharing>.
If you identify Jiras in the list or any other potential Jiras that need to
be in 4.14.3, please tag the fix versions on the Jira with 4.14.3 or
comment on the sheet.

Thank you.

--

Swaroopa Kadam
[image: https://]about.me/swaroopa_kadam

Re: Call for marking phoenix jiras for 4.14.3 release

Posted by swaroopa kadam <sw...@gmail.com>.
Including following bug fixes for 4.14.3 release which have been committed
to 4.x but missing from 4.14:

PHOENIX-4918 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-4918> Apache
Phoenix website Grammar page is running on an old version
PHOENIX-5302 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5302> Different
isNamespaceMappingEnabled for server / client causes TableNotFoundException
PHOENIX-5275 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5275> Remove
accidental imports from curator-client-2.12.0
PHOENIX-5228 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5228> use slf4j
for logging in phoenix project
PHOENIX-5382 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5382> Perf
improvement with bulk operation over iterations
PHOENIX-5381 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5381> Increase
phoenix.task.handling.interval.ms to 10s for tests
PHOENIX-5386 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5386> Disallow
creating views on top of SYSTEM tables
PHOENIX-5103 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-5103> Can't
create/drop table using 4.14 client against 4.15 server

Apart from the above list, if your bug fix is committed in 4.x and it is
also necessary for 4.14.3, please reply on this email by EOD today.

Thank you.