Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dominic Salvia <do...@exel.co.uk> on 2001/12/17 13:13:18 UTC

Script characters in fop to awt renderer

are there any know issues or setup requirements with rendering japanese
characters to awt with fop?  I can render these characters correctly to pdf
using a config file, but rendering to awt results in blank (empty box)
characters where each foriegn character should be.  Iam using the
arialuni.ttf font but all i get is a "warning: unknown font
arialuni,normal,normal..." error message.  I've tried editing the java
font.properties file but I'm not overly sure as to if I'm doing is correct.
could anyone lend a hand?

Thanks,

Dominic Salvia
Project Analyst
Exel Computer Systems plc
Bothe Hall
Sawley
Long Eaton
Nottingham, UK
NG10 3XL
Telephone : +44 (0) 115 946 0101 x530
E-Mail : dos@exel.co.uk
Website : www.exel.co.uk

they are addressed. Any views or opinions are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of Exel
Computer Systems plc. If you have received this email in error
please notify Customer Services on 0115 946 0101.