Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dhanesh <dh...@hifx.net> on 2011/01/24 11:25:45 UTC

How data is replicating from Master to Slave?

Hi,
I'm currently facing an issue with SOLR (exactly with the slaves
replication) and after having spent quite a few time reading online I
find myself having to ask for some enlightenment.
To be more factual, here is the context that led me to this question.
If the website administrator edited  an existing category name, then I
need to re-index all the documents with the newly edited category.
Suppose the category is linked with more than 10 million records.I need
to re-index all the 10 million documents in SOLR

In the case of MySQL it should be like master server writes updates to
its binary log files and maintains an index of those files.These binary
log files serve as a record of updates to be sent to slave servers.
My doubt is in SOLR how the data is replicating from Master to  Slave?
I'd like to know the internal process of data replication.
Is that huge amount of data(10 million records) is copying from Master
to slave?
This is my first work with Solr. So I'm not sure how to tackle this issue.

Regds
dhanesh s.r

Re: How data is replicating from Master to Slave?

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.
It's all explained on the wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrReplication#How_does_the_slave_replicate.3F

--