Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Roberto Camelk <be...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/02 12:42:32 UTC

Better details about microprofile metrics

I'm trying to understand better what each metric means....

But this doc https://camel.apache.org/camel-quarkus/2.5.x/reference/extensions/microprofile-metrics.html#_camel_context_metrics
is not cleary enough for me.

For example:

camel.context.exchanges.inflight.total
The total number of inflight exchanges

What is a "infligth" exchange? How can I find this definitions?

Re: Better details about microprofile metrics

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2021 at 12:27 PM Roberto Camelk
<be...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Claus thanks.
>
> Another question...
> Correct me if I'm wrong..
>
> The metrics starting with "camel.context." are about the camel context
> (grouping all routes info), and the metrics starting with
> "camel.route." are about one specific route. Correct?

Yes correct

> So I noted that there are other metrics starting with
> "camel.exchange.", what about are they for?

An exchange is the Camel entity that wraps the message that is being routed.

> On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 12:11 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > It is a counter for how many camel exchanges (aka messages) are
> > currently being processed by Camel (they are in-flight).
> > If the counter is 0 then Camel is not doing anything currently.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 2, 2021 at 1:42 PM Roberto Camelk
> > <be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm trying to understand better what each metric means....
> > >
> > > But this doc https://camel.apache.org/camel-quarkus/2.5.x/reference/extensions/microprofile-metrics.html#_camel_context_metrics
> > > is not cleary enough for me.
> > >
> > > For example:
> > >
> > > camel.context.exchanges.inflight.total
> > > The total number of inflight exchanges
> > >
> > > What is a "infligth" exchange? How can I find this definitions?
> >

> > --
> > Claus Ibsen
> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Claus Ibsen