Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "David G. Friedman" <hu...@ix.netcom.com> on 2003/08/06 11:16:57 UTC

Re: Struts with Tomcat 4.1.27 ?? (YES)

> Do Struts works with Tomcat 4.1.27 ?

Yes.  I just saved my webapps struts-*WHATEVER* applications (and my tomcat-users.xml ids/passwords), erased my tomcat-4.1.24, installed 4.1.27, and started the new one in under 5 minutes time.  My application, the struts example application, and a few tiles-documentation examples links seem to work fine.

FYI - you could've installed it so it used another set of ports and didn't conflict with any previous version you had running.  Playing with the server.xml file for a new version of Tomcat won't hurt if you installed it in another location on disk and tweak that version's config file.  If you try to run it while your normal version is running, it should just exit, die, or complain it couldn't get the port or service.

Regards,
David