Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Vladislav Pyatkov <vl...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/03 10:20:55 UTC

Re: Delay in obtaining connection to Ignite server

Hi,

You can try to use only some server for establishing connection, also
reduce port range for search:

 ipFinder.setAddresses(Arrays.asList("10.x.x.x:47500..47505"));

set local host for early determination of network interface

<bean class="org.apache.ignite.configuration.IgniteConfiguration">
  <property name="localHost" value="10...."/>

and decrease TcpDiscoverySpi.SocketTimeout to 0.3 seconds.

What the OS do you use?
The delay may be due to OS configuration.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 4:04 PM, Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have 3 node (server) ignite cluster.
> Cache : Off-Heap Mode
> Heap Memory : 4GB (Each)
>
> We are trying to connect to the cluster.
>         CODE :
>
>                         TcpDiscoverySpi spi = new TcpDiscoverySpi();
>
>                         TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder ipFinder = new
> TcpDiscoveryVmIpFinder();
>
>                         ipFinder.setAddresses(Arrays.asList("10.x.x.x"));
>                         spi.setIpFinder(ipFinder);
>                         IgniteConfiguration cfg = new
> IgniteConfiguration();
>                         cfg.setFailureDetectionTimeout(300000);
>                         System.out.println(cfg.
> getFailureDetectionTimeout());
>                         cfg.setDiscoverySpi(spi);
>                         cfg.setClientMode(true);
>                         cfg.setGridName(args[0]);
>                         Ignite ignite = Ignition.start(cfg);
>
> Everything is fine when we try out 10-15 concurrent connections.
>
> But when we try for 80-100 concurrent connection , there is a significant
> delay in obtaining connection but the fetching of data from cache post
> obtaining connection is really fast.
>
> Public and System thread pool size : 32
>
> It would be great if we get to know parameters with respect to connection
> getting queued up or any info in that direction that will reduce the delay
> to obtain connection.
>
> Thanks
> Sri Ganesh

Vladislav Pyatkov

Re: Delay in obtaining connection to Ignite server

Posted by Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi,

Thanks for the response. Will try out the suggestions provided.

OS - CentOS 7.
Should we look into any specific OS configuration ?

Thanks
Ganesh