Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/21 21:01:39 UTC

How to set extra document properties into solr indexes in mcf?

Hi,

I am working on integrating alfresco using cmis to solr using manifoldcf
1.5. I come across a requirement where i want to have content folder name &
link as well as content download link indexed in solr.

As i am using mcf cmis connector, i could see a number of content
properties getting indexed such as name, objectId, modified date, modifier
etc. but apart form these i need content download url & details of parent
folder of content where it is stored such as parent folder name & link.
These extra properties will be stored into solr index against mapped
properties & will be used for search.

I was going through mcf code & from there i assumed that all properties
assignment to solr index happens at the time of job run where documents are
taken from source & indexed into output i.e. solr.

Can anyone help me as where can i set these values against solr schema
fields which are already available to me? Also i assume at time of job run
i will get all properties of a document using cmis.

Regards,
Lalit Jangra.

Re: How to set extra document properties into solr indexes in mcf?

Posted by lalit jangra <la...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Karl,

I updated CMISRepositoryConnector.java class to add custom properties such
as parent folder etc. and then used same to create RepositoryDocumentobject.

Thanks again for help.

Regards.

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lalit,