Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Neil Meyer <ne...@cxchange.co.za> on 2005/04/21 17:01:58 UTC

Struts Radio button

Hi All,

I'm trying to do the following using the struts radio button. Please advise.

<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="pizzasize" VALUE="S"         >small<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="pizzasize" VALUE="M" CHECKED >medium<BR>
<INPUT TYPE=RADIO NAME="pizzasize" VALUE="L"         >large<P>

I want to use the following but check one specific

Regards
Neil

Posted by Erik Weber <er...@mindspring.com>.
I think that my answer to another post earlier this morning applies
here, so I have pasted it:

. . . Form field values (generated by the Struts tags) are synced with
corresponding ActionForm field values when the page is rendered. So you
can override the ActionForm's reset method to specify initial values.
But typically you only want to do this when you are showing a fresh
"add" form, not an update form (which will have values prepopulated from
database records, presumably), and not when you are showing an add form
that has failed server-side validation (in this case you want to
maintain whatever the user had selected) . . .

So the answer is to set the "pizzasize" property to the desired initial
value in your ActionForm's reset method (keeping the above mentioned
caveats in mind), as I understand it.

Erik