Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2020/01/13 10:28:51 UTC

Creating 9.0.x branch

Hi,

I plan to do this shortly.

Once this is done, there will be a bunch of stuff to do. I plan to start
with the version number and then the javax -> jakarta package migration.
Other tasks include:
- Updating BuildBot and Gump
- Creating a Bugzilla project
- Removing deprecated code scheduled for removal in Tomcat 10
- Most things on the TODO list
- Update the website
- and a bunch of things I have probably forgotten.

Note: The minimum Java version for Jakarta EE 9 remains Java 8 so
      anything planned for Tomcat 10 that needs Java 9+ will have to
      be pushed back

Mark

Re: Creating 9.0.x branch

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 13/01/2020 10:53, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:28 AM Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org
> <ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I plan to do this shortly.
>
>     Once this is done, there will be a bunch of stuff to do. I plan to start
>     with the version number and then the javax -> jakarta package migration.
>     Other tasks include:
>     - Updating BuildBot and Gump
>     - Creating a Bugzilla project
>     - Removing deprecated code scheduled for removal in Tomcat 10
>     - Most things on the TODO list
>     - Update the website
>     - and a bunch of things I have probably forgotten.
>
>     Note: The minimum Java version for Jakarta EE 9 remains Java 8 so
>           anything planned for Tomcat 10 that needs Java 9+ will have to
>           be pushed back
>

> +1
> I agree the jakarta rename should go first so I'll wait for it to be
> done before I do any of the items on the todo.

Thanks.

I still have a few things to update (e.g. docs). I should be good to
commit shortly.

One thing I noticed is that we don't have any updated XML schemas. I
don't recall seeing them being discussed anywhere. I'll chase that up
over at Eclipse.

Mark

Re: Creating 9.0.x branch

Posted by Rémy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:28 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I plan to do this shortly.
>
> Once this is done, there will be a bunch of stuff to do. I plan to start
> with the version number and then the javax -> jakarta package migration.
> Other tasks include:
> - Updating BuildBot and Gump
> - Creating a Bugzilla project
> - Removing deprecated code scheduled for removal in Tomcat 10
> - Most things on the TODO list
> - Update the website
> - and a bunch of things I have probably forgotten.
>
> Note: The minimum Java version for Jakarta EE 9 remains Java 8 so
>       anything planned for Tomcat 10 that needs Java 9+ will have to
>       be pushed back

+1
I agree the jakarta rename should go first so I'll wait for it to be done
before I do any of the items on the todo.

Rémy