Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stefan Gesigora <sg...@gmx.net> on 2006/05/22 21:57:24 UTC

Problems with MyFaces portlet actions in Weblogic 8.1SP5

Hi folks!

I wanna use MyFaces in a portlet at the weblogic 8.1 SP5 Portalserver.
It worked (the dialogs were shown) except the submission of commandlink params and other request parameters.
If a commandlink parameter or another parameter (via hidden field f.e.) should be submitted I got only the VIEW_ID and nothing else with "FacesContext.getCurrentInstance().getExternalContext().getRequestParameterMap()".
Building my app as a normal web app and all the commandlinks and the params works!!
The same thing happened if I used a commandbutton instead of a commandlink.
If I added an actionlistener to the commandlink (additionally) TWO requests were submitted:
The first with all the correct params and the second without these params...
I've tried the whole thing with client- and server-save-state: no differences.

Looking in the internals of the requestParameterMap I saw that my wanted params are only request params but not portlet request params.

What's the problem? How can I solve this? Is it a bug in MyFaces or only an configuration problem?
Is there a work-around for this problem?

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.1.

regards,
Stefan Gesigora

--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer

Re: Re: Problems with MyFaces portlet actions in Weblogic 8.1SP5

Posted by Stefan Gesigora <sg...@gmx.net>.
Hi!

Is this a bug in MyFaces?
Should this be entered into JIRA?
Please give me a small hint!!

regards,
Stefan

Posted by Stefan Gesigora <sg...@gmx.net>.
Hi!

> If I added an actionlistener to the commandlink (additionally) TWO
> requests were submitted:
> The first with all the correct params and the second without these
> params...

This problem were solved putting my backing-bean into the session. But I don't wanna put every backing-bean into the session and add to all commandlinks and commandbuttons a dummy actionlistener.

What can I do?

regards,
Stefan

-------- Original-Nachricht --------