Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/02/01 16:01:43 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] AlchemyAPI Annotator

30% * 19K lines = ~ 5.7Klocs, written by 2 people (mostly Tommaso).

This seems to me to fit the criteria of needing a software grant (see
http://apache.org/licenses/#grants), where it says:

When an individual or corporation decides to donate a body of existing
software or documentation to one of the Apache projects, they need to
execute a formal Software Grant Agreement
<http://apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt> (SGA) with the ASF.

I don't think it is very difficult to do - the main issue in the past
has been getting confirmation that it was "recorded".

See bottom of page http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html
for instructions re: having multiple people sign.

See this page
http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/ip-clearance-template.html for
instructions on where to send (under Process, step 3).

-Marshall

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jukka,
I will start importing the code.
Cheers.
Tommaso

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Dear Secretary of ASF,

Can you please acknowledge receipt and recording of the referenced
Software Grant?  This was sent in by Tommaso Teofili, and covers the
submission AlchemyAPI Annotator.

Do you need additional information to track this?

Thanks. -Marshall Schor

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>.