Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net> on 2015/03/17 21:18:16 UTC

[Q] using graphics in dialog in an extension

Hello!

It is not a problem using graphics in a dialog. Simply adding a graphics
control or adding icons to push buttons.

But how is the way if I want to provide such a dialog inside an
extension? Must every single graphic be loaded at startup, and if so, is
there a simple way for that?

Thanks for your answers!

Regards, Mathias

Re: [Q] using graphics in dialog in an extension

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
Hello Jörg!

> --> Determine the location of extensin in the file system, example:

Many Thanks! But too much work for many graphics. With intelligent
naming of the graphics there could be some iterations. But not at the
moment.

Regards, Mathias

> It is not a problem using graphics in a dialog. Simply adding
> a graphics
> control or adding icons to push buttons.
>
> But how is the way if I want to provide such a dialog inside an
> extension? Must every single graphic be loaded at startup,

Yes

> and if so, is
> there a simple way for that?

--> Determine the location of extensin in the file system, example:

aService = GetDefaultContext().getByName("/singletons/com.sun.star.deployment.PackageInformationProvider")
bilderverzeichnis = aService.getPackageLocation("org.joesch.mottco") & "/mottco/"

(here where "org.joesch.mottco" is the extension ID and "mottco" the folder containing the images in the extension)

-->Load the images

See as example:
http://calc-info.de/makros.htm#mottco

Greetings,