Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rohit Peyyeti <ro...@translogicsys.com> on 2002/09/20 19:49:49 UTC

Random Controller question

Hello All:

Does anybody know if Random Controller works the way it was supposed to work
according to the documentation?

I was trying to achive this using Random Controller, but looks like it
refuses to work. I have installed 19th Nightly build but the problem still
persists.

Thread Group
 - HTTP Requests defaults        (A)
 - HTTP Cookie Manager
 - Only Once Controller          (B)
   - HTTP request to login
 - Loop Controller               (C)
   - Random Controller           (D)
     - Simple Controller         (E)
       - HTTP Request 1
       - HTTP Request 2
       - HTTP Request 3
       - HTTP Request 4
       - HTTP Request 5
     - Simple Controller         (F)
       - HTTP Request 1
       - HTTP Request 2
       - HTTP Request 3
       - HTTP Request 4
       - HTTP Request 5

The problem which I'm facing here was that JMeter stops executing whatever
requests under Label (E) & (F) after initially executing two or three
requests under both of each controllers. What I expected was that JMeter
would excute all the requests under Label (E) or (F) randomly. Is't it the
way Random Controller supposed work? Or I'm I doing something wrong?

To zero it on Random Controller for the fault, I also moved (E) & (F)
controller directly under Loop Controller. Everything worked fine then.

Regards,
Rohit Peyyeti