Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Alexey Kakunin <ak...@emdev.ru> on 2008/10/30 11:55:20 UTC

Wiki to PDF with iText

Hi!

We just migrated PDF generation in EmForge from usage PDFPlugin (based on
batik) to iText-based solution.
Until now, this solution looks simpler, faster - and produced better output.

So - if somebody interested - it make sense to rewrite PDFPlugin (or write
another plugin) to use iText instead of batik, or, probably - it is good
idea to include PDF generation into JspWiki core (I really think it should
be there).

Information about possible implementation you can find here:
http://www.emforge.org/wiki/Wiki%20to%20PDF%20with%20iText
Demo of PDF generation you can try on same page (there is Get as PDF link on
the top) - it is already used iText.

If somebody interested - feel free to ask any questions.

--
With best regards,
Alexey Kakunin

Re: Wiki to PDF with iText

Posted by Vlado Peshov <vl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 1:56 PM, Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>wrote:

> > So - if somebody interested - it make sense to rewrite PDFPlugin (or
> write
> > another plugin) to use iText instead of batik, or, probably - it is good
> > idea to include PDF generation into JspWiki core (I really think it
> should
> > be there).
>
> I've been thinking about PDF generation...  Would certainly love to
> have it in the core, if we can fit it in nicely.
>
> Want to open an issue at the issue tracker and add a patch?

+1

Re: Wiki to PDF with iText

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <ja...@iki.fi>.
> So - if somebody interested - it make sense to rewrite PDFPlugin (or write
> another plugin) to use iText instead of batik, or, probably - it is good
> idea to include PDF generation into JspWiki core (I really think it should
> be there).

I've been thinking about PDF generation...  Would certainly love to
have it in the core, if we can fit it in nicely.

Want to open an issue at the issue tracker and add a patch?

/Janne