Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/03 10:27:55 UTC

Could I deploy CDH3 on Windows?

Hi all,

If I only have machines with Windows OS, and don't want to re-install Linux
OS, is there any means for me to use CDH3? Is there any windows package for
CDH3? Thanks in advance.

--
Best Regards,
Li Yu

Re: Could I deploy CDH3 on Windows?

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Steve and Harsh,

Thanks a lot for your answers, I think I could get the key point now. And
thank you Harsh, for the CDH-user list information.

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com

Re: Could I deploy CDH3 on Windows?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 03/11/10 09:27, Yu Li wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I only have machines with Windows OS, and don't want to re-install Linux
> OS, is there any means for me to use CDH3? Is there any windows package for
> CDH3? Thanks in advance.

1. install virtualbox and a linux distro (Centos for the RPMs, Ubuntu
for the .debs), submit work remotely to it from your desktop.

2. skip the cloudera distribution and just install the apache version -v
0.21 if you want the leading edge features.

The RPM/deb distros are for use on production systems, which normally
means linux clusters, though some people use Solaris