Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Ian Reardon <ir...@gmail.com> on 2005/05/19 20:58:18 UTC

Multiple instances of Nutch

If I wanted to run several nutch implementations on the same server
(All searching different repositories). Would I have to run 1 instance
of Tomcat for each nutch?  Or can I run many nutch's inside 1 Tomcat
application server?  Any details on how to do this would be
appreciated.  Thanks

Re: Multiple instances of Nutch

Posted by Olaf Thiele <ol...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ian,
in principle you should only run one instance of nutch
and one of the tomcat server.

1. Nutch can handle several crawls: start it with
different parameters.

2. Tomcat can be used to handle several index repositories.
Take a look at
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-nutch-user/200503.mbox/%3c4A1BE23A7B777442B60F4B4916AE0F1304E49FB9@sohm.kpit.com%3e
and do more searches on the mailing list.

Cheers
Olaf

--

<SimpleHuman gender="male">