Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Romi <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/10 08:18:36 UTC

searching using Apache Solr

Hi, i need to work on Apache Solr for my project. previously i worked on
lucene. can anybody get me d idea what is difference b/w these two nd when
we should lucene and when we should Solr.

-----
Romi

Re: searching using Apache Solr

Posted by Sylvain Utard <sy...@3ds.com>.

1st hit on google, http://www.lucenetutorial.com/lucene-vs-solr.html

--
Sylvain UTARD
Software Architect Exalead

10 place de la Madeleine - 75008 Paris, France
http://fr.exalead.com/software

Try our 16 billion records demo: http://www.exalead.com/search/

Re: searching using Apache Solr

Posted by Vinay Yadav <vi...@vinayras.com>.
Apache Solr is web service - you can use any language to interact with it.

More at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
<http://lucene.apache.org/solr/>

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:48 AM, Romi <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, i need to work on Apache Solr for my project. previously i worked on
> lucene. can anybody get me d idea what is difference b/w these two nd when
> we should lucene and when we should Solr.
>
> -----
> Romi

VinayRas Infotech
Web Application Development
http://www.vinayras.com

http://www.nagpurpulse.com - The Pulse of Nagpur
http://www.simplyfreshers.com
Walkins, Jobs, Placement Papers, Companies, Forums, and much more