Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Daniel Florey <da...@web.de> on 2004/12/18 17:11:27 UTC

[i18n] Introduced pluggable MessageProviders and new ResourceBundleMessageProvider

Hi folks,
I've added some nice features requested by users to the upcoming i18n
component in the sandbox:
You can now easily plug-in your own custom message provider. This is very
useful if you already have tons of localized messages on weird places (e.g.
databases).
Writing a message provider is as simple as implementing a single method.
I've also added a ResourceBundle-based message provider that uses the
built-in Java functionality for locating and handling resource bundles.
This one is very useful if you already have tons of localized messages in
some property files and nevertheless want to use the i18n component to take
advantage of late localization binding, localized exception handling and
message bundles.

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: [i18n] Introduced pluggable MessageProviders and new ResourceBundleMessageProvider

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:11:27 +0100, Daniel Florey <da...@web.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I've added some nice features requested by users to the upcoming i18n
> component in the sandbox:
> You can now easily plug-in your own custom message provider. This is very
> useful if you already have tons of localized messages on weird places (e.g.
> databases).
> Writing a message provider is as simple as implementing a single method.
> I've also added a ResourceBundle-based message provider that uses the
> built-in Java functionality for locating and handling resource bundles.

Would it make sense to add a message provider that uses Commons
Resources, similar to the ResourceBundle one?

--
Martin Cooper