Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 14:04:13 UTC

Use IDs and not just do ComputeVerificationStrategy Exception

Hello,

I just noticed this was done in tp30/ (I think @dkuppitz):

	https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/tp30/gremlin-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/process/traversal/strategy/verification/ComputerVerificationStrategy.java#L84-L88

This is not good. Why not just make it work. Like this (in master/):

	https://github.com/apache/incubator-tinkerpop/blob/master/gremlin-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tinkerpop/gremlin/process/traversal/step/sideEffect/GraphStep.java#L84-L93

That is, convert the elements to ids. ??

Please cherry pick the master/ work to tp30/ accordingly as to propagate the ComputerVerificationStrategy exception up the line might make us forget its solved...

Thanks,
Marko.

http://markorodriguez.com

Re: Use IDs and not just do ComputeVerificationStrategy Exception

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
yeah - it needs to be right.  i don't know why i didn't think of suggesting
that to him yesterday - was thinking too much about release stuff i guess.

the first fix for 3.0.2 has Mr.Kuppitz's name on it. :)

Posted by Marko Rodriguez <ok...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.
sorry - accidentally hit "send" - the "bug" also has a clear workaround in
that the user can pass the id so it is non-blocking to usage.  should I
still rollback release work?

Posted by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com>.