Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by ilfrin <il...@poczta.onet.pl> on 2003/09/20 16:31:58 UTC

Re[4]: testing the new tdk2.3 v20030905

Hi ,

i> /logs/turbine.log .. well my question is .. how in heaven did he get
i> those paths from if the props file is empty, are they also default ??
i> well then how to turn it off?

why do I get the feeling I'm talking to myself ;), so I found another
(!!) log4j.props file .. win web-inf/classes .. (why are there two
identical files ??) .. nevermind that .. but it didn't change nothing
, i get a nice  start of tomcat , telling me that all services are
successfully started et cetera .. but the there's still that 404
error.

the only suspicious things are 5 messages that like this one

"[ERROR] AbstractDataSourceFactory - -Property: logInterval value: 0
is not suppo rted by DataSource:
org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource"
all refering to the same thing but a different prop value..

might that be it? I get a feeling that that's not the reason..

ps. I don't know if you also get some of my mails in 4 copies .. I
don't know what's doing that, so please ignore it

 ilfrin                            mailto:ilfrin@poczta.onet.pl

[SOLVED] Re[5]: testing the new tdk2.3 v20030905

Posted by ilfrin <il...@poczta.onet.pl>.
Hi

hey, I see I am talking to myself .. well after a detailed comparison
of my "working but not loggin in" app (that I was manually changing
from turbine 2.2 and Torque 3.0 to version 2.3 and 3.1 respectively,
but I stopped at some point where I couldn't go further .. ) with the
pre-official tdk 2.3 i realized some little differences in the
web-inf/web.xml files

first of all in 2.2 the <servlet-name> had the value of the app name
as opposed to "turbine" in 2.3, second, there was a additional element
<servlet-mapping> that wasn't present in 2.2, so after I changed the
<servlet-name> value to the app name (bulletins) and put in the
<servlet-mapping> for the mapping to work (i left it even though it
works fine without it but who knows ;)

so my web-inf/web.xml looks now like this and the app is ready to
rubmle ;)

<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>bulletins</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>org.apache.turbine.Turbine</servlet-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>applicationRoot</param-name>
      <param-value>webContext</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>properties</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties</param-value>
    </init-param>
    <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>bulletins</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/bulletins/*</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>templates</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/templates/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>logs</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/logs/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <role-name>admin</role-name>