Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Laxmilal Menaria <lm...@chambal.com> on 2007/02/28 11:14:19 UTC

Lucene Lock Directory Path

Hi,

By default lucene store a lock files at temp path, and if we wants to update
the local path, then add key in app/web config "Lucene.Net.lockDir", but I
wants to update LOCK directory path at run time. In lucene LOCK_DIR property
is READONLY, so whats should I do ? and I don't want to update this
property, If I update that, their are any Problems or Not? pls suggest me..

Thanks,
Laxmilal Menaria

Re: Lucene Lock Directory Path

Posted by Laxmilal Menaria <lm...@chambal.com>.
Multiple threads going on simultaneously for indexing on same index folder..
also some other threads (Indexing threads) going on for different index
folders.. so may it gives Lock exception.. to get rid off these situations
we change the lock path for each thread..

--Laxmilal Menaria