Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Min Zhang <za...@gmx.de> on 2004/12/15 11:01:07 UTC

remote retrieve

hello,all,
I'm writing a java program to retrieve a collection from the remote xindice
db. although the uri is correct, but the anwser is always "connection
refused". the username and password are also there.
I used the following code:

col =
DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://www.hostname.com:portnr./home/db/pattern",
username, password);

can anyone tell me where I am wrong?

any help will be appricated!

Zamint

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum superg�nstigen Komplett-Preis!

Re: remote retrieve

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
> the xindice database is on a linux computer, and I can connect it through
> ssh client.

This seems like almost a firewall problem.

Are you running the default Xindice servlet?  If so, can you point your
browser at http://www.hostname.com:portnr/xindice/db and get access to
the ugly browser tool?

I think I am going to need a better understanding of your network setup
(firewall, etc.) in order to be of much help.

I run a Xindice servlet on both Windows/2000 Professional and Fedora
Core 3 under Tomcat 5.0.28.  One of the nice things about this
environment is that the operating system doesn't matter.

-----
/mde/
just my two cents . . . .

Re: remote retrieve

Posted by Min Zhang <za...@gmx.de>.
> Have you tried this with the command line tool?
>
> In other words:
>
> xindice lc -c xmldb:xindice://www.hostname.com:portnr/home/db
>
> should return a list of collections.

thanks for the tip, but it doesn't work under command line, although I can
retrieve a local collection using the java program or under command line.
it seems the format of the uri is somewhere wrong.

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail

Re: remote retrieve

Posted by Mark Eggers <it...@yahoo.com>.
On Wed, 2004-12-15 at 11:01 +0100, Min Zhang wrote:

> col =
> DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://www.hostname.com:portnr./home/db/pattern",
> username, password);

Have you tried this with the command line tool?

In other words:

xindice lc -c xmldb:xindice://www.hostname.com:portnr/home/db

should return a list of collections.

Note, there is no "." after the port number.  Also, take a look at the
examples in:

$XINDICE_HOME/java/examples/guide/src/org/apache/xindice/examples

where $XINDICE_HOME is where you have unpacked Xindice.

Hope this helps

-----
/mde/
just my two cents . . . .