Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by 周竑翊 <cz...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/07 18:13:23 UTC

the number of connection between olio/rails and mysql database is small

I am using one nginx as loadbalancer
                two thin server as application server
                one mysql server as database

but I found that connections between application and database are small
and the number is the instances of thin server runs.
take an example, I set number of instance of thin as 8, and the mysql
connections is also 8.

how can I increase the number of connection per instance of thin
application???

--
Hung-I Chou(周竑翊)
e-mail:czarsterchou@gmail.com

Re: the number of connection between olio/rails and mysql database is small

Posted by "Shanti Subramanyam (gmail)" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Since there is no MySQL connection pooling from Thin, you will end up with
as many mysql connections as #thins. However since there is a think time of
5 secs between requests, you should be able to get away with 1/5 concurrent
users for #thins. Try increasing the #users and thins gradually.
I have never actually been able to run more than 100 users or so on the
rails version.

Shanti

Posted by "Shanti Subramanyam (gmail)" <sh...@gmail.com>.
No you don't. You simply specify a single host:port in the run form which
refers to your load balancer. I think it should work.

Shanti

Posted by 周竑翊 <cz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 周竑翊 <cz...@gmail.com>.
thanks!

Posted by "Shanti Subramanyam (gmail)" <sh...@gmail.com>.
The PHP version is the most stable. We have run it with 10000 users.

Shanti

Posted by 周竑翊 <cz...@gmail.com>.
hello,