Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com> on 2006/02/02 13:05:35 UTC

Presentation about forrest - can you help?

Hi all,

I will give a tutorial (1 1/2 h) about Forrest in two weeks at the II
Open Source World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on the 15th of February.
[1]

The title of the tutorial will be:
"Apache Forrest: the dispatcher - advanced
separation of concerns in web-development."

I will give a small introduction about Forrest as whole before getting
in all details of the dispatcher. I wonder if somebody knows about
former presentation that are online and where I can use some slides of.
I know that Ross and Ferdinand have given some nice speeches about
forrest. It would help me a lot.

Can somebody help?

[1]
http://www.opensourceworldconference.com/malaga06/en/modules/wiwimod/
--
Thorsten Scherler
COO Spain

Re: Presentation about forrest - can you help?

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@wyona.com>.
El jue, 02-02-2006 a las 12:51 +0000, Ross Gardler escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I will give a tutorial (1 1/2 h) about Forrest in two weeks at the II
> > Open Source World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on the 15th of February.
> > [1]
> >
> > The title of the tutorial will be:
> > "Apache Forrest: the dispatcher - advanced
> > separation of concerns in web-development."
> >
> > I will give a small introduction about Forrest as whole before getting
> > in all details of the dispatcher. I wonder if somebody knows about
> > former presentation that are online and where I can use some slides of.
> > I know that Ross and Ferdinand have given some nice speeches about
> > forrest. It would help me a lot.
>
> I'll send the slides from ApacheCon EU to you offline (others need only
> ask).

:) Thanks a million Ross.

salu2

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I will give a tutorial (1 1/2 h) about Forrest in two weeks at the II
> Open Source World Conference in Malaga, Spain, on the 15th of February.
> [1]
>
> The title of the tutorial will be:
> "Apache Forrest: the dispatcher - advanced
> separation of concerns in web-development."
>
> I will give a small introduction about Forrest as whole before getting
> in all details of the dispatcher. I wonder if somebody knows about
> former presentation that are online and where I can use some slides of.
> I know that Ross and Ferdinand have given some nice speeches about
> forrest. It would help me a lot.

I'll send the slides from ApacheCon EU to you offline (others need only
ask).

Ross

Re: Presentation about forrest - can you help?

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:

> One trick is to create a filter in yur mail client that marks a
> thread as high priority if our name appears. Saves me loads oif time
> when I'm busy on other thins.

Yeah, I actually remembered you telling us about this earlier. Guess
it is time to actually do it :-)

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Presentation about forrest - can you help?

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Ferdinand Soethe wrote:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>

>>I will give a small introduction about Forrest as whole before getting
>>in all details of the dispatcher. I wonder if somebody knows about
>>former presentation that are online and where I can use some slides of.
>>I know that Ross and Ferdinand have given some nice speeches about
>>forrest. It would help me a lot.
>

> Sorry Thorsten, I'm not reading regularly atm.
>
> Please people feel free to mail me directly about stuff to get my
> attention.

[OT] One trick is to create a filter in yur mail client that marks a

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El mar, 07-02-2006 a las 21:57 +0100, Ferdinand Soethe escribió:
> Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>
> > I will give a small introduction about Forrest as whole before getting
> > in all details of the dispatcher. I wonder if somebody knows about
> > former presentation that are online and where I can use some slides of.
> > I know that Ross and Ferdinand have given some nice speeches about
> > forrest. It would help me a lot.
>
> Sorry Thorsten, I'm not reading regularly atm.

No worries, mate.

> And sure, if you are still interested I have the ApacheCon US-slides
> complete in a (tiny) Forrest application. Let me know if you want it and
> I will mail it to you.

Yeah, would be nice. Thanks. BTW can you rar it, since apache is not
allowing zip attachments.

Muchas gracias

salu2
--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Presentation about forrest - can you help?

Posted by Ferdinand Soethe <fe...@apache.org>.