Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris McCabe <Ch...@choicehotels.com> on 2002/12/19 22:40:28 UTC

JK2 and SSL

  I got the JK2 connector module working fine with Apache2 and Tomcat,
but when I try to access my secure server, I get a 404 Not Found error
from Apache.  Does JK2 need some additional configuration for https
connections?  I don't want SSL between the connector and Tomcat because
that does not need to be secure.  It all works fine with the JK
connector with no special configuration, but the JK2 module seems to
discriminate between http and https.

  Does anyone know the secret configuration needed to get this to work?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris P. McCabe               - Principle Engineer
Choice Hotels International   - Information Technology

Re: JK2 and SSL

Posted by Chris McCabe <Ch...@choicehotels.com>.
I am happy to report that the new mod_jk2.so from version 4.1.18 of
jakarta-tomcat-connectors fixed this problem.

Chris

Re: JK2 and SSL

Posted by Chris McCabe <ch...@choicehotels.com>.

Martin Jacobson wrote:

> Chris McCabe wrote:
>
>> This new release made no difference in the behavior of the JK2
>> connector with an https connection, so my question remains:
>>
>> Does anyone know the secret formula to get a JK2 connector to work
>> with both the http and https connection of the Apache2 web server?  I
>> get a 404 Not Found error when I hit the https part of the server.
>> Is this just a bug or do I need to configure it in some special way?
>>

> The VirtualHost element takes an optional port number - since SSL
> happens (usually) on port 443, you need a
> <VirtualHost www.mysite.com:443>
> section in hhtpd.conf
>
> did you specifiy this?

Yes, I have Apache set up for SSL and it works fine for everything
except for my servlet.  It even works fine when I use the jk connector,
but when I switch to jk2, it only maps the path for http requests and
not for https requests.  The URL mapping for JK2 is different from JK
because there are no JkMount directives in the Apache httpd.conf file,
but I don't understand how it is supposed to be configured so that it
works for both http and https.  Is there something special that needs to
be included within the VirtualHost section to activate JK2?  Right now I
only have the LoadModule directive in the main part of the httpd.conf
file (same place that works for JK).

Chris

--
Chris P. McCabe  - Principal Engineer

Re: JK2 and SSL

Posted by Martin Jacobson <ma...@libero.it>.
Chris McCabe wrote:
> This new release made no difference in the behavior of the JK2 connector
> with an https connection, so my question remains:
>
> Does anyone know the secret formula to get a JK2 connector to work with
> both the http and https connection of the Apache2 web server?  I get a
> 404 Not Found error when I hit the https part of the server.  Is this
> just a bug or do I need to configure it in some special way?

The VirtualHost element takes an optional port number - since SSL
happens (usually) on port 443, you need a
<VirtualHost www.mysite.com:443>
section in hhtpd.conf

did you specifiy this?

HTH