Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by evert <ev...@hyperion-entertainment.biz> on 2006/08/19 20:39:04 UTC

Listen on a particular IP-address

Hi All,

ActiveMQ 4.01 on Linux environment.

On this development box, I do have multiple IP-addresses.
How can I restrict the IP-addresses activemq listen to ?
Even when setting the hostname in the transportconnector-section in the
config-file, it seems that it is really listening on all existing
interfaces.

Evert

Re: Listen on a particular IP-address

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/19/06, evert <ev...@hyperion-entertainment.biz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> ActiveMQ 4.01 on Linux environment.
>
> On this development box, I do have multiple IP-addresses.
> How can I restrict the IP-addresses activemq listen to ?
> Even when setting the hostname in the transportconnector-section in the
> config-file, it seems that it is really listening on all existing
> interfaces.

The code just listens on a server socket using the IP address or
hostname you specify in the activemq.xml config file on the port you
configure.

--

James
-------