Posted to users@royale.apache.org by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt> on 2018/11/17 10:04:31 UTC

Beads

Royale <js:beads> is the equivalent for <s:layout> in Flex/Spark ?

Re: Beads

Posted by hferreira <hf...@solidsoft.pt>.
Thank you very much.
Now I understand the Express and Basic and Strands and Beads.

Express ends up to be more what Flex is about but Basic + Strands and Beads
it's the best way to go.

Re: Beads

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hugo,

I think you should take a look close to that [1]. I think it is really
important to understand from the very beginning what PAYG actually is.
It saves you a lot of time and makes your eventually contribution to the
project on a good quality.

[1]
https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/Welcome/Features%20And%20Concepts.html

Thanks, Piotr

Re: Beads

Re: Beads

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
No.

the strand/beads concept is one of the key concepts in Royale. Is
composition over inheritance and PAYG (pay as you go).
so each component is a strand and has an array of beads.
Some beads are configured in CSS
You can add more beads in mxml or via AS3
in that way you have the code more modular and distributed and you avoid
monolithic classes like UIComponent (15k lines)
so in royale we pursupue the user "pay as you go" so if you need some piece
, you can compose.
For example textinput does not have password cloaking functionality you can
add that though a password bead, the same for enabled/disabled that is
another bead
layout is another bead and you can add to the strand in css or through
beads array

El sáb., 17 nov. 2018 a las 11:04, hferreira (<hf...@solidsoft.pt>)
escribió:

> Royale <js:beads> is the equivalent for <s:layout> in Flex/Spark ?
>

> --
> Sent from: http://apache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com/

--
Carlos Rovira