Posted to dev@seatunnel.apache.org by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org> on 2022/07/12 07:02:41 UTC

[proposal] ConnectorV2 no longer provides binary packages

Hi, everyone.

Because seatunnel connectors are developed independently, each connector
needs to rely on a large number of third-party jar packages, and
contributors need to spend a lot of energy to sort out the licenses of
these third-party jars, which brings great difficulties to the development
of connector. Therefore, I propose that the binary package of the new
connector will not be released at the same time when seatunnel is released,
which can improve the time of connector development.

We use Maven profiles to control the build process. By default, all modules
will be built. When we check-dependency in CI or release project, we can
set e2e, examples, connectors-v2, connectors-v2-dist,dependency-shade not
to build through "-P release"

We recommend that users compile their own seatunnel connector.

--

Best Regards

------------

EricJoy2048
gaojun2048@gmail.com

Re: [proposal] ConnectorV2 no longer provides binary packages

Posted by JUN GAO <ga...@apache.org>.
Yes, Because the release binary packages don't contain connectors v2, So we
don't need to pay attention to relevant licenses.

Jared <39...@qq.com.invalid> 于2022年7月13日周三 03:49写道:

--

Best Regards

EricJoy2048
gaojun2048@gmail.com

回复:[proposal] ConnectorV2 no longer provides binary packages

Posted by 范佳 <fa...@qq.com.INVALID>.
I agree with remove it from release(not all, we can including some often used connectors), but do we have any way for users to use the connector without compiling code? Use shell to download jar automatic?