Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jae Joo <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/22 22:29:23 UTC

HBase new user

Hi,

I am new for HBase and have a couple of questions.
1. I have installed HBase and load a couple of millions of data. The file
system for HBase is in /tmp diectory.
   How can I change the directory for data files?
2. Is there any Perl based API available?
3. Is there any tutorial available?
4. Does anyone know that for GUI based API is available?

Thanks,

Jae Joo

Re: HBase new user

Posted by Billy Pearson <sa...@pearsonwholesale.com>.
there is also a web interface here
http://MASTER_HOSTNAME:60010/

That will give you some stats but there is no GUI just a API
Billy

"Ryan Rawson" <ry...@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:78568af10903221449p7431800dwfd6f75f06d8b6cad@mail.gmail.com...

Re: HBase new user

Posted by Ryan Rawson <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hey,

Here are some answers:
1. The directory setting is:
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>file:///tmp/hbase-${user.name}/hbase</value>
    <description>The directory shared by region servers.
    Should be fully-qualified to include the filesystem to use.
    E.g: hdfs://NAMENODE_SERVER:PORT/HBASE_ROOTDIR
    </description>

adjust that in your hbase-site.xml as you wish.  I have mine set to:
hdfs://master:9000/hbase

It is conceivable to run HBase on a shared-directory system like NFS, but I